View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I don't know Eric, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...this time...and let his post speak for itself. The irony, of course is that I'm probably the cheapest, lowest grade, least trust-funded collector this side of Alan (hi Alan; no offense, we're all mishpacha here...).

Regardless, anyone with even half a brain can see that the difference between last year's show (Rosemont) and this year's show (IX Center) is like night and day. Rosemont had four hotels across the street with a bevy of restaurants nearby. No parking, no driving, no shuttles, no IX "cuisine" at ridiculous prices (I could eat at Gibson's every day for what the IX wanted for its slop). It had myriad places throughout the center to sit down (in easy chairs) and relax between floor walks. It was easy to go back to one's hotel and relax for a while. It was simply superior in every possible way to the Cleveland venue. The people who attended this year's show described it to me as "shabby" "a slog" "unpleasant" "seedy" and several other less than salutary terms. Given that the IX Center is so far below the standard of Rosemont, there is no good reason to ever go back there.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...