Thread: T
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYFan63 View Post
I would like to hear what others have to say about this. I have purchased quite a few cards from Great Lakes and have not had any issues. I do think he buys slabbed cards, cracks them and sells raw. I have read that in another thread on this board.

He does state that the cards are unaltered and authentic. Not sure when you had purchased from him in the past. Maybe he did sell altered cards in the past.
It was about two years ago. One was altered stock and two were altered trimmed. PSA has been wrong before, but considering the alteration possibility and the way the cards are sold, I would lean to PSA's opinion. Without proof not much can be done but I tend to think his authentic unaltered claim works as stated to ensure a buyer doesn't consider the potential alterations while bidding. Unless they are in a rush to grade them its possible they miss a chance of return altogether--as is my case. With PSA's crazy delays now, it is even more likely battlefield, candiman auctions or others won't be forced to pay up within a deadline unless using paypal return and not ebay if you can.

Last edited by murphy8276; 03-30-2018 at 09:22 AM.