View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

An eclectic swath of crapola [I call it "The Festival of Bric-A-Brac"]:

--Academy Awards tickets and memorabilia:

Ticket to the Oscars for 1943 films: Best Picture Casablanca

Postcard view of the scene outside the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium before the 40th Academy Awards

A "tombstone" made of the poster for the 70th Academy Awards, given to attendees at the Board of Governors Ball after the show.

--Jim Jeffries memorabilia. Jeff was a lifelong Burbank resident whose farm and boxing venue were only a few miles from my office

10.5" x 13" print of Jim Jeffries. The photographers' imprint at the bottom right is the famous Dana Studio in San Francisco. Judging from the look of the image, the imprint and Jeffries' appearance, I'd say this is a 1910 image shot of him at either the Hotel Rowardennan, near Santa Cruz CA, or Reno NV, when he was in training for the Johnson fight

PC of Jeff on the farm in Burbank

1930s snapshot of Jim Jeffries' Barn in Burbank, California, at the southwest corner of Victory and Buena Vista

7.5" x 9.5" [10" x 12" mount] mounted photo of Jim Jeffries on his farm in Burbank with his pup, with a handwritten copyright of 1906 By Jas. J. Jeffries and Jas. M. Johnson [perhaps the photographer], captioned "The Good Friends" in pencil on the mount.

--Boxing Promotional Photos: Issued by the boxers' management to promote them. I especially collect them for fighters who have no boxing cards, Jewish fighters, and fighters with interesting back stories.

1920s publicity photo of Kid Francis, who was sent to Auschwitz during WWII and killed there

George Freedom Abrams. A WWII era Jewish fighter with basically no cards (there is a postcard known). He was a top middleweight contender; Sugar Ray Robinson said Abrams was his toughest opponent.

--Groucho memorabilia:

--Big Band Leaders Signed Memorabilia

Xavier Cugat

Desi Arnaz

Cab Calloway

--Star Trek TOS

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...