View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:10 PM

Yes, unfortunately, the Magazines are mostly for more modern cards that change price a little more frequently, and they keep issuing so many that something has to give. Think about how small those original Beckett's were and now they are all like books! Also, the high end pre-war stuff... let's face it, it primarily resides in slabs. Thus, like Leon said, go get the Graded Card Price Guide Book - you will find the most comprehensive information there (or also the Almanac - published once per year). Keep in mind I'm over Grading, not magazines, so I am not "officially" speaking for them, just as a fellow collector. But personally, I LOVE the Graded Price Book - and I, too, tried to point out flaws in it because I thought it might be old pricing, but Brian the PG Editor, has gone to great measures to really track all this stuff amazingly. I think, from a collector point of view and not a Beckett employee, it is hands down the best reference book for pre-war cards now with different grade breakdowns instead of just ranges.

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
And as I discovered when I painstakingly wen through each pre-war card and the values associated in the Graded Card Publication, last year, it is the most accurate print pricing guide I have ever seen. If you want a real, printed guide that is spot on for pre-war and other pricing, this is it. I don't know about the post war but with the pre-war pricing, I couldn't find one that I disagreed with. And they have a lot of pre-war pricing in it. (not all, but a lot) Beckett gave out around 20 of these at the Net54baseball Dinner last year and I didn't hear back from anyone that said they found very much they disagreed with.