View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:35 AM

Default Let's resurrect this thread...

I started it in August of '09 and the last post we had was from Nov. 2010. Almost ALL of my Dodger stuff I had posted here has found new homes, and I rolled the funds from the stuff I sold into what's in my collection now. I'm sure that between all of what the new member's can show along with the Dodger pick-ups that the veterans have acquired over the last 18 months, there should be plenty of great stuff to show, so don't be shy!

You all know the story here with this iconic TYPE 1 photograph of Sandy Koufax as he manhandles the Yanks at the Stadium in the opening game of the 1963 Fall Classic. Koufax was on his way to a record breaking 15 K game that set the tone for the Dodgers to sweep the Bombers, effectively ending (for awhile anyways) New York's dominance in winning World Series titles dating back to 1923. The Bronx faithful would have to wait another 13 years before they could once again claim their place as champs of the Baseball World!

This is the only other Dodger piece I have left in my collection other than the 8 x 10 of Robby Stealing Home in the '55 Series - and a 9 panel sequential of the same play that I started the thread with almost three years ago!

1963KoufaxGame1FamousImage.jpg

1963KoufaxGame1FamousImageSLUG.jpg
SORRY! My images are horrible. No working scanner but a new Cannon Power Shot. Gotta get my lazy ass going on this...