View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill77 View Post
Kind of reminds me of my T59 Big Run card with a half blue and half green back. You can see where something was spilled on the card and changed the color of the ink.
Thanks for posting that T59 card Bill. It definitely highlights, within one card, the effect of a liquid agent, whether nefarious or not, can have on the ink printed on a card. My Campbell T206 is definitely blue (the blue shows better in person than on my scan), but the card back does have fairly consistent 'toning', and the dang thing has odd little surface bumps on front that are visible on the scan, as well as a washed-out appearance, as was mentioned previously.

Do you all think the red ink on the front of my Campbell would have completely disappeared as well after being exposed to a liquid agent, alias solvent? Remember, even water is a solvent.

Do you think a reputable Grading company, perhaps SGC, would be able to determine whether the ink color had been altered? Or is that asking too much in this crazy world we exist within?

Brian