View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 05:17 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
eBay mailday: The ‘58 Aaron yellow name variation. In a strange turn of events, this card being added to my collection is actually some 3 decades in the making. When I was 12 in the fall of 1989, we took a trip north to visit family for Thanksgiving. There in a card shop somewhere in Philadelphia, a dealer sold me what he claimed was a “yellow letter” ‘58 Aaron. This being in the days before I could reach into my pocket, pull out a device and immediately see hundreds of pictures of different examples of the same card online, I listened to the dealer. But you see he claimed the “yellow letters” referred not to Hank’s name, but to the team name along the bottom right of the card. Yeah right. He was indeed correct - as ALL of the ‘58 Aaron’s have that particular detail in yellow letters. I learned the truth about which version of the card I had at some point upon returning home to North Carolina. Oh well. It was lower grade just like this one, and though that card is no longer in my collection - at the time I cherished it as any Hank Aaron card should be cherished - regardless of what color variation name it had. I saw this for a reasonable ask late last week and figured what the heck - it will be nice to “finally” get a yellow name Aaron...[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good pick up, John. The 58 Aaron is one of my favorite cards, period. Love the color!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk