View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Not completely Peter. I do understand that the collector who pieces together a VG T205 set one card at a time is passionate about what he is doing, and doesn't care about all this background noise about card doctors.

But we know that recently a whole wave of investors has entered the hobby and is putting big money in high grade cards. Those people are looking for one thing only: making a profit. And given the rickety state of the high end hobby, why aren't they fleeing it? If you bought 100 shares of Apple and then discovered that instead of using computer chips in their smartphones they were filling it with jello, you would bail out in a heartbeat. You would have no emotional attachment with the stock. But these high end players seem to sense that nothing is wrong. No, I don't entirely understand it.
Who says it's rickety? Who says the vast majority of these guys even know about the stuff on message boards yet? BTW I disagree with your premise, lots of high rollers also love the cards and being high on the Registry is also an ego thing for them. It's about much more than just money.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-10-2019 at 09:37 AM.