View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 05:53 PM

Default Conlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by runred41 View Post
This is what was sold to me as a Conlon photo. I was interested primarily in the photo since Jim Thorpe is 2nd from the end on the left holding the Belgium flag. John McGraw is out in front. A lot of you probably can identify some of the others. If it is a Conlon then that’s a bonus for sure! Lot 454 of the just ended Huggins and Scott auction has another view from a news service. There is another one of the same event by Underwood & Underwood on eBay right now. It is from the 1917 World Series. I’m not familiar at all with what would identify the picture as taken by Conlon but many of you probably could if there are identifiers that I’m not aware of. Maybe the writing on back is Conlon’s? I’m just taking the work from a fellow collector. If it’s not a Conlon then please accept my apologies for posting the photo. At worst you all will get to see a nice baseball photo? I welcome any insight on whether it could be a Conlon photo or not!

This is a Conlon photo. The first paragraph is in Conlon’s handwriting. Also, the seller you bought this one from is somewhat knowledgeable in the field.

Last edited by horzverti; 11-19-2018 at 08:46 PM.