Thread: sniping
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Default sniping

Posted By: Julie

and you can have your sniping service rasise your bid to adjust to the "auction's
pace." A sniping service will bid as high as you tell it to--in fact, I recently had my sniping service bid 2,500 dollars more than I HAD (I figured I could have stolen the money somewhere if I had to--I didn't have to).

To put your NAME there among the bidders is the worst piece or foolishness there is. You'll just alert others that a serious bidder is involved, and all their snipe bids will double!

I must report that Stealthbid will NOT change or remove or ANYTHING concerning a bid during the five minutes before the auction closes. That was the one occasion where I had to snipe myself recently. I got home just before the auction ended, and had an e-mail from stealthbid saying "you are losing this aucton!" (they do that)--meaning someone's actual bid was higher than my snipe bid. The message was 2 hours old! I looked at the stealthbid page, and the "5 minutes before" thing had already started, so I went right to the aucrion page and sniped, and won the card.