Thread: Wwn54d?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 10:16 PM

bbcard1 -- if you don't like the way the card looks, then there's no obligation for you to keep it, even if you bought it from a Net54 collector and even if you feel you got it for below-market value for the grade. Being that you collect raw cards, neither the actual grade of this card nor the potential grade of a future purchase actually matter. You've simplified the collecting to only two variables: the card's eye appeal vs cost. And it sounds to me that you're not thrilled with its appearance. So I'd say to go ahead and sell it, in which case leave it in the holster as an SGC 40 cause you'll get more for it that way.

Patrick -- those are some fantastic appearing low-grade SGCs, congrats on finding them. But I do have to ask what the backs look like? cause obviously there must be some significant flaw on the back to warrant those low grades. And I think most of us would not consider those to be typical-appearing 20s or 40s. The Young in question, with an intact back, isn't far off from a typical 40, imho.

Thanks,
--S