View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 12:29 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1954 View Post
https://auburnpub.com/news/local/pub...home-top-story

The reporter reached out to me a couple of weeks ago and did a great job in verifying and trying to “get it right.” I have no idea what Mr. Ball’s motives are but it’s nice to see his fake material exposed.

James F.
I like to read these kinds of things carefully. Egomaniacs often end up unwittingly showing their true colors if you let them talk long enough:

Port Byron native Dale Ball spent the first half of 2019 making headlines after buying what he claims is a million-dollar Babe Ruth baseball card for $2.

Additionally, after interviewing a few collectors and following up with Ball, The Citizen found several inconsistencies in his story. Those inconsistencies suggest that not only is his Ruth indeed fake, but that Ball has consciously deceived the media into reporting otherwise. Ball, for his part, rejected the accusation in a July 25 phone interview. He doesn't need publicity or money, he said.

In his July 25 interview with The Citizen, Ball dismissed collectors like Feagin and Russell as jealous.

"People want to be negative because they can't be happy for someone," he said. "I love it, because all it does is stir up drama and I get more publicity."