View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 08:56 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
The United baggage policeman is the greatest thing ever. It always pisses me off when getting ready to board and half a dozen businessmen are there. They have their suit jacket, a heavy coat, a laptop case, briefcase, and a carry on that is twice the size allowed. They usually all set together and take up every overhead storage bin within several rows. I have one carry on that is the proper size and usually get stuck sitting by those entitled A-Holes. I love the baggage police but agree with everything else.
Those are the dudes that have elite status or have paid for boarding upgrades and I'm pretty sure they're given near immunity with respect to bags at the gate.. that said, the United bag checker person at TSA doesn't consider that.

Funny, I SW I am typically one of those guys (perennial A-list preferred with companion pass), and do often take one extra thing That said, it's always a folding garment bag and I stuff it with my overhead so that it takes no extra space in the bin. If the flight is 1/2 empty, I'll lay it in a more wrinkle free manner.

I'd say it's maybe 1-50 times that they stop me, and only at certain airports, so it seems those at front of line get preferential treatment.. but given that SW doesn't charge for bags, you don't get every single passenger trying to carry every single item. I'd say it's probably 1-10 flights that they end up needing to stop people and check those final carry on bags... whereas United is virtually each flight.