View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 04:39 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Just to add a pinch of intrigue, my '55 Bowman Mantle does not have the tell tale white dots, measures fine, nor any alterations that I can spot, but that doesn't mean something nefarious didn't go down and the card won't grade. I am embarrassed that I bought Earl's story hook line and sinker, but what the hell. I felt like taking a chance, but am so glad I didn't win the 3 Mantles. If the winner has been reading this post, they must be appalled.
Leon, I recall you had some contact with somebody at Ebay about Battlefields some time back. Shouldn't they contacted? This latest egregious example is borderline fraud.
John,
If your card isn't that one from the REA lot it is the only one I am not positive of, of those three. The centering is key. It was hard to tell on yours (pretty dang sure it's the same card) but the other 2 shown have unique, altered centering. There is no way, imo, those 2 aren't the same cards. The bottom of the '53 is absolutely laughable. Folks in the know have been contacted.

Last edited by Leon; 11-28-2017 at 04:54 PM.