View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 02:03 PM
Cliff

Default Lord/Dougherty Factory 30!

WOW!!!

NICE FIND ROB!

According to my tabulations, your Lord/Dougherty Factory 30 is the third known copy!

I found one years ago (original post) at the National. My T201 buddy and T201 Guru & board member Mike Wheat just stole one off Ebay last month!

lord F30.jpg
lord front.jpg

Your copy makes number THREE that has come to light!

I suspect that there was at least one sheet of Factory 30's made so if a sheet was a minimum of 9 cards there should be 6 more floating around. Based upon some of the miscuts that Mike and I have been collecting it seems that some of the popular players had at least one line across of copies on a sheet, with some of the lesser players having only one or two copies per sheet?

this theory may be out the window with the new post of the Cobb with turner/stovall :-(

Regardless... great set, keep the miscuts coming Mike and I are trying to archive them with hopes to do something with them someday :-)

Still working on the T201 Master Set, still missing the Kling/Cole Factory 30 with only one copy known that Mr. Wheat has, although recent update a generoud board member may be able to hook me up with my very own copy

Will post an update accordingly...

NICE FIND ROB!
T206 Back Set - 37/38
T227 Series of Champions Master Set 45/48
1948 Bowman - Baseball & Football (upgrading)

Last edited by Marslife; 03-20-2020 at 02:05 PM.