View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 02:35 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Collecting what we love....I always go back to type cards I won't be a completist this time but am actually happier and will never forget getting a rare $5k type card for no other reason than I had to have it. I didn't even really care for it. Here is one I didn't have in the first collection so that makes it a little better too. 1929 Tower Theatre.
It's funny, I'm really into collecting and framing right now. I've been really working on ideas for framing things that you wouldn't normally frame. Something that you wouldn't expect. Like, right now, I'm considering buying PSA 10s of Chipper Jones rookie cards, from all the different makers, and then framing them. I think that would look really cool.

Eventually, I want to dedicate an entire wall towards framed memorabilia; i.e. magazines, cards, pictures, etc. etc. Then I'll have my brother build me a modular bookshelves, of different sizes, and display my collection that way.

I really love hearing what gets people's gears moving. You like to collect type cards. I'm sure it's like an obsession a bit. That feeling you get when you see something that fits your collection, or that feeling you get when you realize you haven't looked something up for a while and you go on the hunt. It's just a feeling that can't be replicated. It's very singular to collectors looking for pieces to add to their collections.