View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Todd Schultz

Congrats on your acquisition! I know what a kick it is to find a scarce variation after looking for so long. I don't collect T201 myself, but was wondering if you could explain or point us to where there is a discussion of how the T201s were printed and/or their sheet assignments. For example, why isn't the Lord/Dougherty a short-print even though you found one? Sounds like it's tough and you wonder if it might be one of a kind--that would meet the criteria of a short print, no?

I used to collect T202s which, as you may know, were also printed only at Factories 30 and 649. The latter printed the backs only in black and the former mostly in red, but advanced collectors know that there are Fact 30s that can be found in black--not ridiculously scarce but far from common. Most sales make no distinction and ask for no premium, which may be happening here, although it sounds like you've scoured the market and come up empty. Good luck in your quest and please keep us posted.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.