View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 10:31 AM

"Too much info???", Ken Marks asks. Ken, if I was pingman59, I would be DEEPLY HONORED by the meticulous thought and research I'd just been handed. A very nice Juan Marichal, if I may say.

Oh, to be back at the old Jewel supermarket on Touhy Avenue in Skokie, Illinois 57 years ago today! That is, with forty bucks to buy the store out of its stock of JELL-O!!! My mother and dad would have had a fit, but had they any inkling of the future value of a 9-cent, or so, single box of JELL-O..........

We all have our dreams; my other one is to have been at the back entrance to the Milprint Printers in Wisconsin about this time in 1953. Asking to speak with the foreman, I'd wave a crisp $20 dollar bill his way if I could have a nice stack of the baseball cards they were printing for this frankfurter company in Metropolitan New York City that was having a baseball card promotion to induce sales of their high quality, expensive "frankfurts" in their packages, and at the ballpark!

Back to JELL-O, so how long have you owned your Marichal, sir? Any good story attached to it? A few of us would be "all ears".

Have a swell day, guys. --- Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 08-07-2019 at 10:34 AM.