View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 11:02 PM
Ken Marks

Default 1962 Jell-O Marishal

Mark--very much appreciate you posting your Marichal card. Sometimes there are clues that help figure flavors out such as one sees on your card. Here is my analysis. It would be better if I had the card in my hand and could compare the letters showing to the position on the box. So am eyeballing. First I have only seen evidence that Marichal was on one flavor of Gelatin by comparing a number of his cards and they all seem the same without color differences. It is known that Marichal was issued on a 3 oz Lime box and that is what I think you have. The letters on the right side of your card that you can see are part of the word FLAVOR. The top of the card showed the fruit flavor of the gelatin, so the area we are talking about would say something like ORANGE FLAVOR running down the side of the box. Only 3 oz boxes have the letters there. 6 oz boxes had the flavor identification elsewhere on the box. Based on where that word FLAVOR ends in relation to the bottom of your card, it appears that it is the same as a box I have of Lime flavor (on longer lettered flavors such as blackberry, the word FLAVOR goes much further down.) I could be more sure if I had that card in my possession to make sure the word FLAVOR lines up with my box. Because LIME flavor is the only 4 letter flavor (I can think of), a match in the position of the word FLAVOR would pretty much seal the deal you have a Lime gelatin Marichal card. Too much info???

Last edited by Kenmarks; 08-09-2019 at 12:11 AM.