View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 01:08 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default McLain and Sain…..Perfect together.....Should Johnny Sain be in the Hall of Fame ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
The "I saw him play" argument only gets you so far sometimes. None of us saw Babe Ruth play but I don't think you had to for you to know the player he was.

As a kid, I read books about Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Hal Chase, Ted Williams, etc., etc....so I agree essentially with your statement.

However, I am old enough to have followed BB since 1947. And, my memory of having seen BB events from the years 1947 - 1970's
is excellent. Furthermore, I was an avid reader of The Sporting News during those years. And, there are times (while reading) posts
on this forum where I have to laugh at comments which I know are from someone who has not bothered to become informed.

I am not trying to be "boastful", but having seen BB players perform, and subsequently having conversations with them has provided
me a valuable insight into these ballplayers.

I could fill up pages on Net54, if I were to post all the conversations I have had with many of the players of that era (1947-1970's).
Conversations I've had in Cooperstown, at BB card Shows, at their homes, and even on airplane flights.

TED Z

T206 Reference