View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Patrick Smith

Default T205, T206 & T207 Please Help.....

Hello, I am a Pete Rose collector and and a few months ago, I lucked into a large hoard of rare 60's and 70's Pete Rose at a local antique mall. The two highlights of that purchase were a '67 Standups Thin-Cut Proof and a '68 Topps Disc (along w/ 3 progressive proofs). Needless to say, it was a find of a lifetime for me to come across something like that.

When I purchased that material, I was really only interested in the Rose stuff. He actually had 15-20 pre-1950 cards (all Reds) that I passed on because quite frankly, I don't have much of a knowledge base about any of those cards and I ran out of money.

Well, the same guy called me a couple of days ago and said he had submitted 15 of the cards to PSA for grading and asked if I had any interest at all. I still don't know much about them but I really like them and I don't want to pass them up if I can get a good deal. I have actually been thinking about getting onto collecting items like these so maybe it's a sign...LOL.

At any rate, I have listed below those cards that he is offering me. I don't know that any are necessarily "rare", but a couple did receive very high grades. I was hoping someone could give me a ballpark idea of what this collection is worth so that I can make a reasonable offer. Right now, my plan would be to hang onto them, but that is always subject to change I guess.

Here is the list:

1909 E92 Dockman & Sons Larry McLean PSA 4
T205 Gold Border R. Egan PSA 2
T207 Brown Background Rafael Almeida (Red Cycle Back) PSA 3
T207 Brown Background Henry Severoid (Recruit Back) PSA 3
T206 Sweet Cap. Miller Huggins (Hand at Mouth) PSA 4
T206 Sweet Cap. Hans Lobart PSA 6
T206 Sweet Cap. Tom Downey Batting PSA 6
T206 Sweet Cap. Dode Paskert PSA 7
T206 Sweet Cap. Tom Downey PSA 7
T206 Piedmont Miller Huggins PSA 4.5
T206 Old Mill Dick Hoblitzell PSA 4
T206 Piedmont Mike Mitchell (Evid Trim)
T206 Piedmont Larry McLean (Altered)
1915 Cracker Jack Heinie Groh (Altered)
1935 Goudey 4-in-1 Bottomley/Adams/Piet/Comorosky PSA 7

The following ungraded cards are also included. They are in roughly the same condition as those above (probably PSA 4-5 range) and they don't appear to be trimmed/altered:

T206 Sweet Cap. Gasper (VG-EX - but has a mark "P" on card)
T206 Piedmont Mowrey (VG-EX)
T206 Piedmont Karger (VG-EX)
T206 Sweet Cap. Ewing (VG-EX
1935 Diamond Stars Ernie Lombardi (VG-EX)

Too bad the guy was a Reds fan, otherwise there may have been some really nice cards in this collection. Sorry for the long post. I REALLY appreciate any help that you can give me.

Patrick