View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Default Were T206's printed on sheets of 48 Subjects ?

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

In the past I've been skeptical of T206's printed in sheet form. Just to keep you guys off-guard....now, I'm proposing my theory
that T206's were printed on formats of 48 Subjects.

The lowest common denominator to understanding this theory starts with the 12 cards that are in the "150-only" Series.
I have added Plank to this mix, as I feel he was one of the original "dirty dozen".....Plank was also printed (very few) as a Sweet
Cap 350/30 card and this anamoly was already covered in prior Thread on Plank.

150-only Series cards

All 12 of these cards could have been "Multi-Printed" on the first sheet. My conjecture is a format that was 12 cards across x 4
each in a vertical array. Other configurations are possible; but, this one seems to make most sense.

Subsequently, they withdrew the Plank and the Wagner from this group; and, they replaced these two subjects with any two of
the following candidates.

Here is the BIGGER PICTURE as a function of each Series....

The 150/350 Series comprises 144 subjects = 48 x 3

The Southern Leaguers = 48 subjects

The 460-only Series = 48 subjects

Basically, these numbers certainly reinforce the support for the 12 card - horizontal array format.
And, further analysis is needed to expand this theory to 48-card (or more) arrays.

Well, guys and gals, I hope I clearly presented this theory so that it's understandable. Until we ever find a
partial, or complete uncut sheet, all this conjecture might have to suffice.

But, if some one else on this Forum has a better brainstorm.....let's hear it ?

TED Z