View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 05:34 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
.. buy what you like and feel comfortable buying. If not.. don't buy. If someone buys something for more than what you will spend, that doesn't make them stupid. If said person decides to sell that item for 2x that doesn't make them stupid or wrong... actually the contrary.

I have been offered double on an item that I mentioned before the next day and turned down.. am I stupid because of it? I think you have photos I would pay you double or even triple that you picked up a year or so ago. If you do not sell them to me, does that make you wrong?
Agree completely.

I have bought a few unique (or close to it) items thinking I paid too much, then have someone offer me even more a few weeks/months later. More than once the story has been that they just didn't have the cash to keep bidding, but now they do and think the item is well worth paying the premium.

Whoever bought Josh might think he has a better audience on ebay than Rhys did, and that he got a great deal. On the flip side, I have seen Rhys sell photos in his auction for double what I was asking for the exact same print on ebay.

That Josh Gibson print is a great one, regardless of its worth.