View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 06:36 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 Reference....Reflections......T206 Southern League cards illustrated

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The T206 Southern League cards represent players in 4 Leagues in "Dixie". Checklist for these 48 subjects is found in Post # 146 in this thread.

Let's start with the 22 players representing the Virginia and South Atlantic Leagues (22) subjects

In my opinion, the 2 toughest cards in this Southern League series are Ed Foster and Frank Shaughnessy. I cannot explain why Foster is so tough, but I do understand why Shaughnessy
is tough. Frank has quite a "following". He played Baseball and Football during his years at Notre Dame (1901-1904). Played briefly for the Philadelphia A's in 1908.
Frank is in three Hall of Fames....Canadian Football Hall of Fame, the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame, and the McGill University Sports Hall of Fame. Frank was the Manager (and player)
of the Roanoke Tigers 1909 - 1911. Furthermore, he was the President of the International League from 1936–1960.

Southern Association (20) subjects......these cards were also included in the 1910 COUPON issue.

Texas League (6) subjects

TED Z