View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 06:43 PM
Manny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
The first image. I received like this from an Ebay seller. "Received Without Contents". A large pile of rarer vintage boxing ephemera I was really looking forward to. Still haunts me today. Stuffed in a plain white mailer. Shipping label was barely held on by a couple of pieces of scotch tape. Not even holding the whole label down. No tape holding the contents in. No surprise not a single item from the entire group lot made it to me in the package. Not the fault of the USPS.

2nd image was SHIPPED by me. It started as a durable poster tube. An adhesive label that also had several layers of shipping tape reinforcing it to the tube. The only thing returned to me was the label, neatly sliced off of the tube, in a USPS baggy that said "WE CARE" and a copy of a package search request I filled out when the item went missing in the system. This was their way of telling me they found the package in their system. A neatly sliced off shipping label attached to literally nothing.

No accounting for what or why something might happen to a package sometimes.
These stories are just so weird. It's like the x-files of USPS package shipping. First the seller that sent you the ephemera with no protection. I'm convinced some sellers really hate their customers.

Then the cardboard tube...wow. I've mailed stuff in those poster tubes. They are strong and sturdy. What on earth could have happened to it that only the label survived? Did it burn in a fire? Did a delivery truck fall off a cliff and then they found the label in the rubble?