View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Tim Carroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
This is a great idea with some cool results. Have you ever used a single card to make that same card? For example, using a pile of the "regular" Fleer Ripkens (none of the rare variations) to make a large version of the FF card?
Thanks! I haven't used a single card to make that same card yet. I've been approached about it before (1988 Donruss Diamond Kings Andre Dawson), but I passed because it would be too tedious and time consuming to cut the small sections of red, etc. to replicate that on a larger level. I'd rather cut jerseys off of Cardinals and Reds players to make those red swatches (same for the other colors). Hope that makes sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
If it wasn't so much work, I think it would be great to use junk era commons to make a giant junk era common. Love your work.
I'm currently working on a commission of something similar! Without going into many details (it is a gift from a family member and I am unsure if the recipient is on this board).....I can tell you it is a common card from the 1987 Topps set. The goal is to complete it by only using 87 Topps.

Tim

www.timcarrollart.com

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter: @timcarrollart