View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Default What do you collect and why? Show us some cards!

Posted By: Joe Drouillard

Hello All,

I haven't posted much lately; I've been really busy at work, but this topic is refreshing when compared with all of the recent posts, so I want to support it with a response. Learning about pre-war cards and sharing our collections is what interests me the most in Net54.

Now as to the question, I actually have four collections going on at the same time.

I'm working on the T206 monster and I'm getting close to 100 cards at the present time. I only collect crease free cards with no paper loss. 2/3 of my collection is ungraded and 1/3 graded 3-5 with 10 hofers and a couple of Southern Leaguers.

I also have an interest in 1952 Topps & Bowmans. I have about 1/4 of the Topps set and over 1/2 of the Bowman set. All ungraded in EX-NM condition.

1961 Topps is also a favorite set of mine. I'm only missing about twenty cards to have a complete set. This year is dear to me because I loved collecting it as a boy. No, I didn't save any of my childhood collection.

I also have complete NM Topps sets from 1973, 74, 76, 77, 78 and 79. Eventually I hope to finish the decade.

I like collecting cards from different eras because there is always something interesting to buy on eBay. I buy all kinds of vintage cards and then resell them on eBay and some on the BST. I have to buy and sell to build my collection because I don't have a lot of disposable income. But I must be doing pretty good because I have only been collecting for about five years and have accumulated quite a few cards. I have to admit that my wife helps me out by covering my postage. (She is a real sweetheart!)

I don't have a high dollar collection; my most valuable card is only worth a couple of hundred bucks, but as a whole the collection is pretty nice. Not a beater in the lot. Someday I would like to put the highlights of my collection on line, but as a teacher it is hard to find the time. The thread asked for pictures so here is my latest pickup for my T206 collection. Nothing fancy, but I like it, and it is representive of the type of T206s that I can afford.

Enjoy collecting cards and the friendship that so many of you have with each other. People make it a wonderful hobby.

Best wishes,

Joe