Thread: New guy here!
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Tim Carroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
Love the work. I'm especially partial to the "bo knows". Although, I did notice that in your write-up you mentioned his draft history, but failed to note that he was drafted in the 2nd round of the '82 draft(49 overall) by the Yankees..

It's possible that he'll be the only person EVER to be drafted Twice(each) in two major professional sports.. Although, to be honest, I'm not 100% sure that no one else has done that too. Mostly because I'm not that familiar with NBA and NHL draft histories..
I did not know the story of Bo being drafted by NYY! Learn something new everyday. My brother was drafted by the Yanks in 2000, but it was much farther down - and he never signed (it was during the days of the Draft and Follow). Thanks for sharing that about Bo.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dferguso1988 View Post
Those are absolutely incredible!! I love the George Brett piece with the pine tar...amazing. Extremely talented.
Thank you, sir. The Brett is currently the only piece I have ever had to destroy because it didn't hold up. I spent a couple of years planning it, hoping I could find a way in science to help preserve the pine tar. Unfortunately, it was too viscous, and within 2 weeks.....the thicker sections of tar had merged with the other areas. I used sample sections to try an acrylic seal, but the tar moved under it; I tried heat, but the tar thinned out faster instead of drying; after consulting with several "experts" on tar online - I gave up and decided to just stick with the photos I had taken.

www.timcarrollart.com

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter: @timcarrollart