View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Default Legendary Auctions. Should I call the police on them about having possible stolen material

Posted By: Rand

this is a good one, Jeff spent alot of money with Mastro. his remarks towards the company and indirectly towards Doug are not favorable. Yet he has never actually called out Doug, just continues to jab at him and make remarks about his disgust with Mastro's operation. i do not believe i have ever read a post from Jeff supporting Doug and giving him a pass, pat on the back, or sign of faith going forward. i am not sure if Jeff will be bidding in Doug's new auction, or if Doug has banned Jeff from being a bidder.

at the end of the day, this entire thing (mastro, legendary) is a debacle. the next 2 auctions will be ok with the material in hand. the real question is longevity. can they acquire consignments and support the costs of running a new company and paying themselves a salary. i dont think it will be easy.

if a restaurant makes people sick and gets shut down for food poisoning, and the manager decides to buy it and reopen it a month later with a new name, same menu, same look, ect.. it would take a long time to get the operation viable again, if ever. Cash flow is crucial to sustain a business through the tough times. we'll see.