View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Default To share or Not to share ??

Posted By: Cat

I have only read Hal's opening post, so if all of my statements have been said before by other members of the board, I apologize. First off, before I had ever heard of this board I ran into his website since he has it linked in his "about me" page on EBay. WOW, I spent 30 minutes (or more) going through every page and looking at some specific cards. It was obvious I had stumpled upon someone that wasn't your average collector. I e-mailed him and stated how much I enjoyed his website/cards. I also identified myself as a collector too, but with a far more "humble" collection. Hal took the time to respond to my e-mail. I didn't expect this. He was gracious and actually stated and implied the notion of collections are a function of when you start collecting and even though I referred to my collection as "humble" it was a collection to be proud of. Nothing about the man or his e-mail was even remotely "high and mighty."

The criticism that Hal has received is pure jealousy. I'm jealous of Hal's collection too, but only a little bit. Sure I wish I had some of those cards. As a mature adult, the emotions that are most pronounced are admiration and appreciation. I like the fact that he shares with us. It's OK to be jealous. It's probably healthy, but showing it in a disrepectful manner is not mature or healthy. Being jealous to the point where you don't want him to show his cards is not only unhealthy, it's weird. Why would you not want to see them?