View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 07:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

So sorry for your loss. While there is bitter pain in losing your Dad I am absolutely sure you know how lucky you are to have had him with you so long and him be such a great influence in your life. And that he got some joy from attending a Net54 dinner makes me happy too. And if you were here right now you would see another 57 yrs old guy shed a tear for your dad. May he rest in peace and happy collecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballcrazy62 View Post
We lost a great collector this week. My Dad passed away on Tuesday 3 months after his 95th birthday. He was a huge Detroit Tiger collector especially Al Kaline. He was a WW ll vet and a great American. I loved our trips to the National Convention and his last one was in Chicago in 2017. I took him to the Net 54 reception in his wheelchair and he had a blast meeting some of the members. He collected right up to the very end as we sat on his bed and looked at cards on the day before he passed. What a great hobby we have that brings a bond between a dad and his two sons. Godspeed Dad, going to the National next year wont be the same. So if you see a 57 year old guy walking around the National with tears in his eyes please stop and introduce yourself. Thanks!