View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 06:56 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGold View Post
I have probably submitted more cards for crossover to SGC than anyone on this board. I have been successful in crossing cards from old holders. However, the SGC guarantee does not apply to cards in old holders.

When you submit a card in an old SGC holder, it will be treated like a card that has been graded by another company. While SGC does not guarantee cards in old holders, they may, on rare occasions, buy the card back or reholder it at a lower grade and pay the difference. However, that is because they do not want a badly misgraded card floating around.

Now Kevin knows all this already. I would not normally comment on a card that someone is selling in the BST section. However, Kevin constantly uses the main forum to advance his agenda in the BST.

Because cards in old SGC holders do not carry the guarantee, they sell for less. Because they sell for less, it is assumed by savvy buyers that the seller has already tried to cross the card to a new holder. Or, in Kevin's case, since PSA cards sell for so much more, it is assumed he tried to cross the Cy Young into a PSA holder. Why wouldn't he?
Ron- not really sure where this discontentment is coming from. First of all, when have I used the main forum to promote a card? My Young card was submitted on this thread without my knowledge, by another member... I have bought many SGC cards from you (mostly overgraded by the way). Bottomline, I don't give a damn whether someone buys the Young or not, absolutely could care less. But, having said that, I will take bets on whether or not it crosses to a new 86 holder...

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 12-27-2013 at 07:03 PM.