View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 02:00 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGold View Post
I have probably submitted more cards for crossover to SGC than anyone on this board. I have been successful in crossing cards from old holders. However, the SGC guarantee does not apply to cards in old holders.

When you submit a card in an old SGC holder, it will be treated like a card that has been graded by another company. While SGC does not guarantee cards in old holders, they may, on rare occasions, buy the card back or reholder it at a lower grade and pay the difference. However, that is because they do not want a badly misgraded card floating around.

Now Kevin knows all this already. I would not normally comment on a card that someone is selling in the BST section. However, Kevin constantly uses the main forum to advance his agenda in the BST.

Because cards in old SGC holders do not carry the guarantee, they sell for less. Because they sell for less, it is assumed by savvy buyers that the seller has already tried to cross the card to a new holder. Or, in Kevin's case, since PSA cards sell for so much more, it is assumed he tried to cross the Cy Young into a PSA holder. Why wouldn't he?
Ron, I too have crossed lots of cards from PSA to SGC and older SGC holders also. I agree with you 100%.

As for commenting on other members cards mainly in terms of picking apart their grades I think it’s a weak thing to do so I avoid.

However since Kevin asked directly about his Young card while it’s a real beauty I don’t think that card would become an 86 today based upon the scans provided on the BST. I think it would be more in the 82-84 at best range based on my experience with SGC which is now well over 2k graded SGC cards.

Not a shot at Kevin because the card is very nice I’d love to own it. I too am shocked Kevin hasn't moved this to a PSA holder he has made a big point of saying money for cards is left on the table unless they are in PSA holders....

Last edited by wonkaticket; 12-27-2013 at 02:32 PM.