View Single Post
Old 12-14-2023, 06:42 AM
Steve

OH wow, didn't realize the provenance. I won the cracker jack boxes and the larger poster so I'm excited! Nice to think 'what if?' though....but I did speak to Carol (auctioneer) extensively on the piece and based on her very open and transparent answers to my questions I didn't think it original. Size was the biggest determining factor, the lack of ad back and not seeming to have been scraped/re-backed, as well as the color tones in the blue. Clearer pictures close up would have been ideal to help really determine. Guess we'll never know! Until we see it hit thousands when its put up for auction lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingPaper View Post
Ill admit, I actually put in a bid of $525 in hopes that it may have been a proof or something that came out in those years, but was not given to stores. Reason being is that this poster came from the late President of the Cracker Jack Collectors Association, so figured why would she have gone through all the trouble of having it matted, framed and hung on her wall. It also had the 2 punch holes at the top, but the back was blank so who knows. It being a replica is more than likely than it not.

Actively Collecting:
1903-04 E107 Breisch-Williams NY Highlanders
1914-15 Cracker Jack Yankees
Wagner Portrait Cards
E121 Ruth Card Variations