View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailes2872 View Post
Another frustrating weekend came and went with no cards and no update. I kept updating and looking to no avail. On Tuesday, I called the 800 number. After holding for about an hour and giving my information, I was suddenly disconnected. So, I called back and held for another 45 minutes. I finally talked to a guy who told me what the tracking said. He did open up a case and gave me a confirmation/case number.

About 2 hours later I received a call back. The lady told me that she had no good news. She couldn't explain why it was stuck in the system and suggested that I ask for a refund and tell the sender to file an insurance claim. I asked if I could do that. She told me no, that by chain of custody, he is still the owner until it is delivered.

After a lot of early communication, the seller had been very unresponsive and quiet since. This, of course, had me paranoid that there was something sinister going on. He finally responded to some questions on Sunday after a couple of days of silence. He apologized and told me that he would refund me while we were in this state of flux as an act of good faith if the cards didn't come on Monday. I told him that we could wait until Tuesday. Tuesday came and still no cards. I sent him the information above. I got no response. Once again, I started spinning a bit. After asking for a response, he finally responded late last night and said that he would process a refund today. At 3pm, he sent me a note processing the refund.

At 6pm, my wife sent me a picture of a box - check out the expected delivery date. You will also notice the updated tracking information. I wore the poor guy out - and all because I lacked patience despite the multiple examples in this thread. I sent him new money right away to make it right (as the refund won't clear until Monday). Lord knows how happy he must be that it is over.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. The cards actually look pretty nice. I am going to get a PSA 6 Clemente, Koufax, Killebrew, Mays, Aaron, and Williams plus a few others and it should be pretty solid all the way through.
Glad you got your cards and are happy with them, I am sure the seller is also. The USPS has been making life hard for sellers with all their delays and it just seems to be getting worse.