View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Default What do consignors want from an auction house?

Posted By: Joann

On catalogs - from buyer's view, not consignor's.

I like the catalogs because I can flip through them visually and quickly. I can cover the parts of an auction that interest me in a fraction of the time that it would take me to do it online.

I jot down the numbers that interest me and then go online to check more thoroughly, more detailed description, etc, and put them on my watchlist or bid list.

I also will leave a catalog out while an auction is live and page through it idly. Once in awhile I see something that I had considered but not written down, or didn't appreciate the first time through, etc, and add it to my watch list or bid list. This would never happen without the catalog - I'd never just idly go through lot lists online while I was cooking or something.

Finally, I like the catalogs because I do like looking at some of the Americana and items that I wouldn't online because the click and look process takes too long.

And like Joe said, all of these things can be done from anywhere.

So common theme? Moving through the catalog is much faster and broader than online, but online is better for narrowing down interests based on more info.

Keep the catalogs. Definitely.

J