View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 10:38 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Brianruns...great post...and completely exemplifies my thoughts and journey to this card. I have 35 years of collecting (albeit with a major gap) and the last 7 years have been spent learning to where I am now on the back half of owning every Topps run (yes, Al is my hero) in mid grade (my prefered) and have quietly been putting together a SGC registered 52 Topps set. The Mantle, by choice, will be my final stamp, and I feel I have a lot to learn, and am getting close. I am fortunate, I am blessed where if I wanted I could simply buy all the cards in one swell swoop...but how is that a journey? It certainly wouldn't keep me at night staring at my binders recollecting all my little victories. Back to the Mantle, looking at past threads here alone reminds me of my ignorance when experts here can pinpoint the curve of the "e" in the signature and so on...I am also a hopeless romantic that out there is a 52 Mantle biding his time and waiting to come to ME...and my son. And I can't wait.

Zone...no offense, but your post and your journey to this card is laughable, and for you to respond with advice is ludicris. I am not normally a jerk like this, and quite frankly I 100% think you are simply an internet troll where the joke will be on everyone here when its discovered you are a clever invention of someone with way too much time on their hands, but that post made me want to puke. I will give you credit, you have found a way to invent a reason to let the world know you have this card on a daily basis. If you truly exist, and you really even have the card, I am jealous...lol. Ok...last and only time I will get sucked into a troll on this site...20 years of being on the internet is laughing at me for even typing this post...

If you do make it your first card...well...that's pretty cool too... Just make sure it's real...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03