View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Default OT: Ebay Seller Strike

Posted By: Eric B

I'm starting to come around to the fact that the new policy is not a good idea. Not so much that we will get undeserved negs since everyone will be in the same boat and that will just mean that 95% is great, not 99.9%.

But what concerns me is the control the buyer has as mentioned above. What do you do if a buyer demands a positive or else he will give you a negative? He may do it anyway. Or the apparent fact that insurance with delivery confirmation is no good if the buyer says it wasn't him or that the card was wrong. Paypal and Ebay always side with the buyer.

But the idea of a 1-week boycott is ridiculous. Even the sellers admit they will double up the next week. The bottom line is unaffected.

What would work, however, is if the sellers pull Paypal from their payment options. And if the sellers require signature confirmation. I get extremely annoyed by sending a check by mail and having to pay 41 cents for the stamp. And it's even worse to have to travel to the Post Office on a Saturday to pick up my packages because my signature is required.

If the buyers are inconvenienced because the sellers are protecting themselves, and Ebay loses the Paypal income, then they will reverse the policy.

As a matter of fact, I think I will no longer accept Paypal, except from my best customers. I can just send that payment option to the ones I choose.