View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 03:40 AM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Thought I would share with you all my first two pennants. As a six-year-old I attended Game 2 of the 1976 championship series between the Phillies and the Reds. My first game. Not a good day for the home team. But my father bought me these, and they were moved around my bedroom walls dozens of times. At some point in my late teens I colored in the Reds spine and the Mets came off. I even made a mini set when I was around 11-12, drew the logos and glued them on felt my mom bought. .... And I had about 15-20 stored away until around 1996-7. Mitchell and Ness had their original store downtown in Philly, and they had a 50% Super Bowl sale, which included their repro pennants. I bought eight of them to decorate the just finished basement. But in the store they actually had some vintage pennants in the wall, nothing we’d go nuts over but still they looked so much better. .... Then one day I was at a flea market and bought a pile of 1950s pennants dirt cheap and then got into eBay. ... I think I may have shared the latter part with you already ...

Anyway I’m always amazed that we find old pennants in such nice condition. There would be no way that those soft felt pennants would have survived my childhood. They’d all look much more like that Chiefs Grilled Cheese pennant above (and the Philade) ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 56BFC425-383A-426C-BDB6-225065560742.jpg (19.9 KB, 123 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 02-12-2021 at 05:36 AM.