View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 03:55 PM
David

A few notes:

In my experience, if you select anything other than Good Until Cancelled the listing will not fail but eBay automatically changes it to Good Until Cancelled.

Regarding team names (multiple): Unless eBay changed it, Item Specifics are limited to 50 or 60 something characters.

My personal gripe: Golf cards also require a Team item specific....okay sure, that will help visability.

I automatically end and relist every monthly cycle but even though a listing is GTC it still has a start and end date each month. Listings should start failing in mass as they Auto renew. This should make listing counts in affected categories plummet until they are edited and relaunched.

These changes have added a minimum hour or more a day to my listing process and it won't end until I have edited all of my current approx 800 listings. I do about 25 per day so the added busy work will continue for about five weeks. This is not counting the 8000 or so inactive stored listings.

It is difficult to make these changes in bulk if you sell cards of all sports.

I have been on eBay 21 years and the new normal seems to be that they average a change that requires editing all listings about once a year. This time will hit many hard as they would be using that additional time preparing inventory for Christmas season.

Last edited by Golf History; 10-18-2019 at 03:58 PM.