View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 05:17 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
I currently use Sixbit to list all of my cards on eBay. It's a great tool which makes my life easier. Every time I list a card, I use an existing template so that I don't have to reenter everything each time. I just need to change the pics, description, the grade, and a few other things if needed. Saves me tons of time.

The other night I noticed that all of my listings failed to submit. I looked at the error messages and it said that I was missing the team name, sport and grade. These were all optional fields that were part of the Item Specifications. I always filled out the grade for graded cards but didn't need to fill out sport since I had it listed under the correct sport in eBays' categories. I never filled out the team because it really didn't matter to me.

After speaking to tech support at Sixbit, I've just learned that eBay has made these fields mandatory. So, for every raw card, I need to set Grade to Ungraded. I need to fill out the Sport even though its already categorized under the actual sport. I also need to fill out the team for every single card. It means more time looking up the name of the team for cards from the early 1900's which I don't know off the top of my head. There is also the issue where the card have multiple players from different teams. Do I need to use all the team names?

The whole point of my rant, is that eBay made a change without even contacting the Sellers what they were doing. Who makes these dumb decisions? It also adds more time to my already long night of listing cards.

Just want other Sellers to be aware of these changes.

When will this madness stop?
Me also.

What a pain in the butt.