View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 07:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

And on this one I mostly disagree with my you, Val. I have proof of results and if it's the right item, it can easily sell for more without a catalog. It all depends on who is bidding, not a pretty picture. That being said, I would agree that sometimes a catalog can help, not on a Cobb - Lenox though. When I am aggressively bidding it's online, not on catalog. And all of this said, of course I wanted to memorialize my collection sale but that was extraordinary. I have probably consigned to as many companies without a catalog as with one. I rarely even open the catalogs anymore.....

To answer the original quesion, Best Auction House? Any one of our advertisers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Bill, I completely disagree with your contention. I have little doubt that a T206 Cobb Lenox would sell for more by one of the major auction houses that produces glossy catalogs than by one of the Internet-only auction houses. But, even if this card would sell for the same price by all of the auction houses, the consignor would not receive the same amount from all of them - there would be differences in or the absence of a consignor's commission, plus some auction houses will give the consignor a slice of the buyer's premium.
Val

Last edited by Leon; 09-09-2015 at 07:49 AM.