View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 09:51 PM

Default See you in Heaven Mike!

photo MikeWTrClose t_zpsrpvue4cn.jpg

Here are some shots of Mike I took at Nationals...As collectors we know collecting isn't just about getting stuff...It also about the places you go and see...and the people you meet along the way...and Mike was one of the those neat people...What a pleasant positive guy he was...I can't recall when I met him here on Net54...but I came across the first mention I made of him on my site:

http://www.sportsantiques.com/05natpg4.htm
Page 4 2005 National story
I had the pleasure of finally meeting fellow collector Mike Hoevet, while I was in Kanuit’s booth, as we’d only emailed till then. Mike, who is from Ann Arbor, got a real nice paper fan from Kanuit. It had an impressionistic illustration of Honus Wagner of the Pittsburgh Pirates sliding into base, being tagged out by Chief Meyers of the New York Giants, really nice condition, 14” tall by 7” wide, paid $150.00

photo HoevetHWagnerFan_zpsjxxq9awx.jpg

It's hard to believe I had known Mike 12 years...I didn't realize that till now...seemed more like five years maybe...Over the last year I had the privilege of encouraging him in his walk with the Lord as he fought cancer. Occasionally we'd get in something about the hobby...but mostly our conversations were spiritual in nature...I wanted to make sure he knew the Lord and knew where he was going in case he didn't make it...and it paid off because he didn't make it...and he did know where he was going...

I think maybe the two things I liked best about Mike were his sense of humor...and his commitment to his family. I liked hearing how he went to his daughters track meets...things like that are the real treasures in life...not money...He was a successful account executive for a large corporation...but his really big success was he loved his family...he had way more than what many billionaires have....that was his real success..You can see from the photos he kept in good shape...worked out regularly...

By God's grace I look forward to seeing Mike in heaven when this life is over...

photo Mike and Ryan 2_zpss4zuczhe.jpg

photo TheCrewAtDinner_TAGGED_2013_zpshditdmud.jpg

photo 13 with bat 3bills T_zpsf72b4z2n.jpg

photo Mike w Trophy 11_zps3a2bekj4.jpg

photo PICT2118_900x1200_zpsrp277ggm.jpg

photo 2015_zpsmk9vvwur.jpg

photo mike amp mark 15 T_zpszsflq33c.jpg

photo 3 amigos T_zpstr1xiqtg.jpg

photo Mike and Mark1 t_zpsxd3jzmw5.png
 photo Mike and Mark2_zpsgvnduuvm.png
 photo Mike and Mark3_zpsgjhxoxeg.png