View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 12:16 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
Drill a hole in the top of the slab and put one of those computer wire & locks and attach it physically to dealers show case or something that can't move (pole, table leg, etc,....) The customer would be able to look at the card all day and the dealer can turn away. If the thief cuts the wire, a very loud alarm goes off. That would deter most thieves trying to steal the card.
This could actually be a great idea for TPGs to implement in their slabs. Cards worth X amount could come with a slab containing a hole and a theft censor already installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Unless you are a cop or have a legit reason and paperwork to conceal then:

CRIMINAL POSSESSION OF A WEAPON AND FIREARMS OFFENSES IN NEW YORK
One of the most serious offenses in New York State – especially within the City of New York – is the Criminal Possession of a Weapon or Firearm under the New York Penal Law. Ranging from the possession of an illegal blade to loaded antique firearms, New York’s weapon laws cast a wide net in prohibiting the carrying of concealed weapons or loaded firearms to further its purpose of reducing homicides and violent confrontations on its urban streets. The law’s broad provisions, when viewed in conjunction with specific licensing requirements for the concealed carrying of firearms as well as statutory presumptions of possession, can make presenting a viable defense to a charge of Criminal Possession of a Weapon difficult without the assistance of top New York weapons possession attorneys.

The penalties for a conviction of Criminal Possession of a Weapon are serious. For instance, while possessing a gravity knife or switchblade – in violation of Section 265.01 of the New York Penal Law – is only a misdemeanor punishable up to a year in jail, individuals found to unlawfully possess a loaded firearm outside the home can face a mandatory minimum sentence of 3.5 years in prison for a classified violent felony. And for those alleged to have carried a firearm during the illegal sale of a controlled substance, recent amendments to the New York Penal Law allows prosecutors to upgrade an otherwise misdemeanor possession offense to a D felony, regardless of any carry license you may possess in the state. New York Penal Law § 265.02 (9), (10).
Citing NY law on firearms/weapons is ridiculous for other shows, but I get citing it for the White Plains show.

With that being said - if I'm not mistaken and at least in Ohio - CCP/CCW (concealed carry permit/concealed carry weapon) does not authorize the use of a firearm in a situation regarding property. The weapon should only be used in a situation where life is threatened. Thinking back to my CCW class, that was gone over heavily. So I don't believe placing a sign at the booth that reads "I'm packing - steal at your own risk" is the answer.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 09-22-2018 at 12:19 PM.