View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Default Mr. Mint -- Alan Rosen

Posted By: Jim Clarke

I've only tried to deal with him one time. I bid on approx 6-8 items in his auction that ended right after 9-11. When the entire country was in Shock and Awe... I made last minute bids and opened up many lots. The person who answered the phone (not Al) said you are the last caller... I said, I hear the phones ringing in the background... He said, Alan says if you do not place any bids to hang up and the auction is closed.... The next day I called Alan to introduce myself to him and find out my total.. After he gave me the totals... I asked him why he did not honor the ten minute rule as printed and that was not fair for consignors.... ALAN SAID... YOU WANT TO SEE NOT FAIR... KEEP YOUR MONEY AND YOU ARE NOT GETTING THE CARDS...CLICK! I filed a case to the SCD which they did crap about.

I ended up getting half the cards I bid on (Rose postcards) from a private sale he did with another person. He had them advertised at mint (graded SGC 50 later), got them at a cheaper price!!!

Dan, I respect your opinion... But Rosen he is a BURNED OUT COIN DEALER JUNKY THAT FOUND A NITCHE IN A CAN'T MISS MARKET.

After reading this GREAT thread... I think I will have Tammy walk in like a nobody with some 19th century cards un graded and ask him what they are worth... I'll tag along as her boyfriend to watch and tell her we need to get other opinions before committing to sell. I love playing with the hard core closer that does not have any people skills whatsoever... JC