View Single Post
Old 07-27-2002, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay power seller protection program

Posted By: scott (runscott)

I recently had an auction that I did quite well on, but apparently could have done better. One of the bidders didn't like the looks of one of the other bidder's ebay handle and feedback, asked me to contact the "low feedback" guy. So I sent an email and got contact info...not good enough for the other bidder - he then asked me to make a phone call...said he might pull out if I didn't. So I did and guess what?...the guy I called was very polite but quit bidding on the auction altogether, and the guy who asked me to make the phone call, and who said he would have that card at any price?...well, he stopped bidding shortly thereafter.

The guy with the low feedback turned out to be an old collector who is just getting back into the hobby - his current feedback shows that he's a stand-up guy and I've spent quite a bit of time with him on the phone discussing vintage collecting and the "old days" (before I was around).

The odd thing is - all three of the bidders involved are great guys and extremely knowledgeable collectors!

Would have made a real good "private auction".

--------------------------------------------
no disclaimer - temporarily taking responsibility for my actions