View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 07:34 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulanthony View Post
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/ I recently noticed an Auction with many sports signed memorabilia with Certificates of Authenticity. Morales, Legends, Coach's Corner LLC. I emailed the Auction and told them many of the items they are auctioning have questionable certificates and are suspected forgeries and are currently banned on ebay and have been investigated by the FBI. I explained the consignor more then likely knows this and is using the auction to recover his losses. The owner of the Auction replied . Thank you. That information was very helpful and we wanted to know if we could trouble you for additional information. Many of the items have certificates of authenticity from Autographed Legends LLC, which we do not see on this list or other banned lists that we found online. Do you have any information on this entity? Once again, thank you for your assistance. I was more than happy to provide the information. (Auction response to information provided.) Thank you for your assistance. We will be pulling the items shortly. Based on your information, we reached a similar conclusion that the consignor was likely looking for a new distributor for these items. KUDOS to Capo auction. I thanked them for taking the time to address the matter. The adherence to a strict moral or ethical code as an Auction House is very much appreciated. Capo Auction should be noted in high regards.
Paul
In the future, while we infrequently offer sports memorabilia, if you see any questionable items, please feel to email me directly at nathan@capoauction.com.
Best regards,
Nathan
Nathaniel B. Buchek, J.D., M.A.
Vice President
Capo Auction
36-01 Queens Boulevard
Long Island City, N.Y. 11101
(718) 433-3710
nathan@capoauction.com
Good work Paul and kudos to Capo Auction.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow