View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default I like almost all of them! 72 wins

I am working on a run from 1953 to 1980 Topps with a few of the Bowmans that I haven't got serious about.
I will probably do the 1952 low numbers too, I have a good start.

A poster above mentioned the high numbered series from Topps...I gotta tell you that mostly that's just irritating to me to have to pay for high numbered, otherwise common players. The 1961 are tough for example...
I just want to get them and then close the binder. Damn high numbers!

But even though the 72 set has a TON of cards and some fairly scarce hi's...to answer the original question, it was my favorite to complete. That baseball set brought back the ol' memories of that summer where we'd buy cards almost every day...10 cents a pack. And even as a ten year old I remember noticing the different series... Somedays you'd open your pack and see ALL new cards and players, and what a blast that was for several weeks until you started seeing another whole new group!!
Luckily, with card collecting buddies like the OBC gang, I filled in the holes from that 787 card set a few years ago , complimenting my originals from that nostalgic summer. I might even try it again this summer...40 years later

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.