View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 01:06 PM
Todd Schultz

By the way, I do not collect tickets, so probably should apologize for being an interloper in this thread. My points were based solely on logic--my version of it I defer to those with experience or expertise in the area.

It just seems to me that there would be no reason to write down the wrong score unless perhaps it added value or the owner's memory had failed--it is just too easy to check for accuracy. By the way, it seems home game 2 for Washington was in fact against Boston in 1914 and 1920, so who knows (Sox won each, 5-3 and 4-2). Maybe it is worth digging.

Over the years I have spent a few hours researching the Holmes & Son Bakery, investigating the origin of their advertising on the back of the m101-5 cards.
Mine is not the end all of such research by any means, but I would add that I do not recall seeing any advertising using the term "Holmes Modern Bakery" before the fall of 1915. Again, hardly conclusive as there is not a whole lot out there and it was not my focus (the slogan does not appear on the cards), but maybe something.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 11-30-2017 at 01:21 PM.