View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 12:44 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default I would willing except the date however

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
"here are some examples of what most Rain checks stated including world series during the same period "

Yet none of them states "SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY", as you claim is mentioned on hundreds of prewar stubs. Hmmm. Maybe not such uniformity after all.

It seems you have established, at least in your mind, that what you have is not the ticket stub from an actual ballgame played in 1913. After all, since you maintain that a rain check can never be used for admittance but instead must be exchanged, then what you have could not have been used in 1913.
Game 2 was never played due to rain, so it is in effect a dead ticket if from that season, or it was issued in a later year. Someone must have mistakenly or nefariously wrote the score of what just happens to be the result from the second game played in Nationals Park during the 1913 season to remind everyone of that Dutch Leonard-Bob Groom iconic 8-3 game for the ages.

Good luck in your quest.
I would willing except the date however, but it has nothing concrete to identify the year other than notation Having Game 2 throws it off for "me", I know it could be over a hundred years old which is the only reason I wanted it , this may have passed through several different hands , I would loved to have seen it in a scrapbook with some other items that had possible related dates but that did not happen .
one thing is certain it stirred a few pots and provided some great insights
as to its age , thanks for every ones input and it did not get ugly as sometimes it can get when there is a disagreement/opinion .